- 2 x 120g cans Lucky Star Sardines
- 1 bunch spinach
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 10ml (2 tsp) masala powder
- 4 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- Milled black pepper
- 50g unsalted peanuts, roasted
- Drain the sardines and gently break up into pieces. Set aside.
- Wash the spinach in plenty of cold water, trim the thick stalks and roughly shred the leaves.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onion until golden. Sprinkle in the masala and sizzle for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes and spinach, and season with pepper. Stir everything together. Add the sardines and heat through. Tip into a bowl, scatter the peanuts on top and serve hot.
For an interesting flavour dimension, use Lucky Star Smoked Sardines. Baby spinach leaves work perfectly in place of normal spinach.